TO ALL LEI STUDENTS
Some of the job postings listed through the LEI office encourage 5 plus years’ experience in the legal field in order to apply for the posting. Even though some employers are seeking experience in order to be considered for a job, do not let this requirement prevent you from applying for the job.
If you have any experience to share, including experience as a legal secretary or even as an intern, be sure to list this experience on your resume and still apply for the job. Use your education and practical experience with LEI as a focus on your resume. If you would like to have your resume reviewed prior to sending, please contact the LEI office at 477-2205 or the Career Development office at 477-2163.*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS April 16-30, 2014 ***(updated: April 22, 2014)Legal Assistant – Claymont, DEJob Description:
Part time person for 3 days a week (24 hrs week) who has Registered Agent or Corporate/ Law Firm Legal experience
for the next 6 months minimum. Located in Bellevue Corp Center, Claymont area. Free Parking. GREAT International Co to work for. Salary Ranges from $20 - $24/hr = $40K - $48K/year, depending on skill set.Contact:
310 West Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Portuguese-Speaking Paralegal – Philadelphia, PAJob Description:
Hogan & Vandenberg is a small immigration law firm with offices in Wilmington and Philadelphia. We currently have an immediate opening for a Portuguese-speaking paralegal for our Center City, Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate is hardworking, organized, enthusiastic, people-oriented, and able to work well under pressure. Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred.Contact:
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to associate attorney Katelyn M. Hufe at firstname.lastname@example.org
.*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS April 1-15, 2014 ***(updated: April 7, 2014)IP Paralegal (Contract) - Atlanta (1474)Contract IP Paralegal -ATLANTA, GAJob Description:
Immediate need for Temp/Contract Paralegal with 4+ years experience in Intellectual Property matters. Job entails reviewing patent applications prior to filing. Immediate need - $22 per hour.Contact: email@example.com
Please reference job RR - 1474
in the subject line.Legal SecretaryJob Description:
Part-time Legal Secretary�6;. For Tax, Trust & Estates Practice. Position available immediately. Prefer 5 years experience, knowledge of Amicus, & PC Law, Microsoft Access, and be or become a notary.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgLegal SecretaryJob Description:
Chimpoulis, Hunter & Lynn has an immediate opening for an experienced Insurance Defense/Medical Malpractice litigation secretary. A minimum of 3-5 years of insurance defense experience required. Must be organized, able to prioritize, work independently and have excellent grammar and computer skills; great working environment and benefits. E-Contact:
Mail resume to: email@example.com*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS March 1-31, 2014 ***(updated: March 10, 2014)Contract AdministratorJob Posting No./Location
: 1092 Cash ConnectJob Group Category:
35 Hourly Salary
: $13.24 - $18.91Schedule
: M-F, 8:00AM – 5:00PMJob Summary:
The Contract Administrator will be responsible for the day to day management of insurance and contractual documents to assure overall compliance with administrative and contractual requirements. The incumbent will serve as the principal liaison with customers, monitors new and existing contracts for compliance to terms and conditions, and takes remedial action as required. The incumbent will interact continually with management to present results, discuss concerns and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. The incumbent will maintain the contract and insurance databases and devises internal control system to track all certificate(s) and contract(s) activity from inception to completion, including all appropriate documentation. The incumbent will assure certificate and endorsement insurance policy(s) terms, and verifies that conditions and exclusions provide adequate protection and are maintained throughout the contract period.Minimum Qualifications:
- Some college preferred with legal or insurance/risk concentration preferred.
- He/she must have excellent analytical skills to comprehensively analyze and interpret policies, procedures and situations in a multifaceted way.
- The incumbent must possess strong problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
- The incumbent must have demonstrated experience in analysis and planning with the ability to analyze and anticipate situations, define problems and objectives, recognize alternative and formulate solution.
- He/she must have experience working in a computerized office environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare contracts, correspondence, reports and forms with speed and accuracy.
- The incumbent must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for providing excellent customer service.
- He/she must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
To apply, go through the WSFS Bank website at www.wsfsbank.com
, under “careers” and then “search career opportunities” under “Contract Administrator.” The contact person is Ruth McDevitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Administrative Secretary – West Chester, PAJob Description
: High end family law attorney in West Chester seeks highly organized administrative secretary for 25 hrs/wk with opportunity for additional hours. Must work independently, have superior writing, communication, client skills. Mastery of computer w/WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK necessary.Contact
: Fax resume & legal references only to 610-344-9299.Commercial Paralegal – New JerseyJob Description
: The NJ office of this national company needs a paralegal with an interest in supporting the legal group on a variety of operational matters. The right candidate will be able to review and manage office leases, business and service agreements, support compliance and review regulations through legal research; oversight of risk management reporting loss prevention and liability. Candidates should have excellent internet, and legal research skills, ability to prepare statistical data/reports from internal information; strong communications skills and can lend support with the company bulletin. Must be proficient in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Prior in-house employment would be a plus. Bachelor’s degreerequired and paralegal certificate preferred. A terrific role for a self- starter. The role is temp to perm.Contact
: Joyce Feinstein 215-561-3010 or email@example.com
.Paralegal – Wenonah, NJJob Description
: BAYADA Home Health Care, one of the nation’s premier Home Health companies, continues to grow at an unprecedented rate! We are currently seeking a Paralegal to join our Legal Services team located in Wenonah, NJ. As a Paralegal within BAYADA, you will learn about the core responsibilities of our Legal Services department as it relates to: the review, negotiation and management of BAYADA office leases, portfolio, and business agreements, client contracts and service agreements, compliance regulations as they relate to home health care, federal and state specific legal research, establishing and maintaining internal policies as they relate to federal and state regulations, internal incident reporting processes, loss prevention and liability claims.The ideal candidate will have experience working in a corporate environment, preferably healthcare, as well as experience negotiating commercial leases. This is a generalist role and requires the ability to manage multiple and varied responsibilities.Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of liability claims and the procedures associated with the internal reporting process
- Manage lease process from initial proposal through signing
- Review and negotiate leases
- Utilize the internet, Lexis and other research tools to perform in-depth legal research, to assist with policy and procedure development
- Prepare, maintain and present statistical data/reports from internal information
- Research answers to general legal inquiries and provide informed answers
- Create educational materials and articles for the company bulletin
- Be proficient in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Paralegal Certification required
- Commercial real estate experience; negotiating leases
- Experience with corporate litigation, leases, conducting multi-state research, writing policies
- Prior experience in a corporate environment, preferably health care
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Computer savvy
This is a full time position. Benefits included: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401K w/company match. EOE.Contact: Heather Ratcliffe, Recruiting Manager
BAYADA Home Health Care | Recruiting (REC)
32 Maple Avenue, 1st Floor | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office 973-656-0425 | Fax 973-656-0003 | www.bayada.com*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS February 1-28, 2014 ***(updated: February 15, 2014)POSITION TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE LEGAL SECRETARYJob Description:DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fluency in Spanish is required, including the ability to read and write fluently and accurately in Spanish.
- Assist in providing legal secretarial services to attorneys or legal staff.
- Assists attorneys or legal staff with translating for non-English speaking clients in attorney-client interviews and correspondence.
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Accurate typing skills with ability to type at least 55 wpm.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and Word Perfect, and able to quickly learn additional computer systems as needed
- Must be able to create and use forms, organize and maintain files, track the status of a high volume of cases, and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Proof-reading and grammar/spelling skills
- Dictaphone and/or transcription experience
- Familiarity with court and administrative agency electronic document retrieval and filing systems a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Professional telephone skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and sound judgment
- Superior commitment to client service
- Must be comfortable interacting with a high volume and wide range of clients and visitors, including individuals with mental health issues, and individuals who are under great stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years experience as legal secretary or equivalent experience providing administrative support.
- Type 55 w.p.m.
- Proficiency in use of computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, WordPerfect, Microsoft Office Suite, Table of Authorities, Internetskills;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Spanish and English;
- Former experience with a law firm is a plus as well as familiarity with legal terminology, procedures and documents in order to efficiently manage correspondence, summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Community Legal Services, Inc. (“CLS”) and the National Union of Hospital and Health CareEmployees, AFL-CIO and its affiliate District 1199C.SALARY:
$27,100.00 to $34,140 depending on direct experience.Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or equivalent experience is preferred.Contact: TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter at http://clsphila.org/about-cls/careers
to the attention of Carol Horne Penn, Esq., Deputy DirectorCommunity Legal Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CLS, Inc. does not discriminate in the selection of employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. CLS strongly encourages applications from people of color, gay men and lesbians, and members of underserved or disadvantaged communities.Legal Assistant/ Paralegal –
USM, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a leading provider of essential facilities maintenance services, including interior and exterior services and electrical, mechanical and plumbing services, to national and regional commercial customers that typically maintain more than 100 sites across wide geographic areas. With its highly developed proprietary network of over 11,000 service partners, USM delivers consistent facilities maintenance services across a nationwide footprint for approximately 150 customers in over 75,000 locations in all 50 states and Canada. During this time of year we are most known of our award winning account management of snow removal services for big box retail stores.
Due to the record snow falls throughout the USA, We currently have a need for several Legal Assistant/Paralegals at our Norristown, PA headquarters. These position can start immediately and will offer an hourly pay in the high teens to low twenties per hour with overtime eligibility.Job Title:
Legal Assistant/ParalegalJob Summary:
This position provides high level support to the divisional and corporate Legal staff as well as internal clients and external constituencies regarding corporate governance, inclusive of investigation support, research, drafting documents, preparing responses and implementing legal document filing processes and activity.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare documents, materials, license applications and relevant forms in accordance with all state, local, international, and federal laws and regulations for conducting business.
- Handle disputes that are claimed against or from the corporation by assisting the Legal staff with all details involved in court proceedings and Arbitration services.
- Respond to discovery requests and subpoenas.
- Address document analysis and business process workflows.
- Perform data entry of claims information into matter management system and submit claims to insurance company with appropriate documentation
- Monitoring laws, regulations and industry developments that impact the company.
- Perform contract review and analysis
- Assist in regulatory matters.
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be able to follow all safety policies and procedures
Should this person(s) be hired permanently, we offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/VContact:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or ABA paralegal certificate preferred
- General and legal research skills and ability to understand and interpret legal documents, including contracts and pleadings.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding, deadline driven environment
- Proficient with MS Office, Westlaw and data base management skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree and/or ABA paralegal certificate preferred
- Experience working as a corporate paralegal and/or within a law firm welcomed
Garrick L. Weaver, SPHR
Staffing Specialist - Human Resources
USM, Inc., an EMCOR company
1800 Markley St, Suite 1880 Norristown, PA 19401
T: 610-313.4897 I 800.355.4000 x4897
F: 610.292.2137 E: firstname.lastname@example.org*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS January 16-31, 2014 ***(updated: January 24, 2014)Bi-Lingual Paralegal (Wilmington, DE)Job Description:
BILINGUAL PARALEGAL (ELSMERE OFFICE) F/T entry-level bilingual position (English/Spanish) for busy personal injury and workers comp practice. Heavy client contact; excellent writing and communication skills essential. Degree required; paralegal certificate preferred.Contact:
E-mail resume using Word or by PDF only, please include salary request, to email@example.com
or fax to (302) 998-9883, attn: Jackie H. No phone calls please.Litigation Paralegal – Center City, PAJob Description:
We are currently seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join our Center City, Philadelphia office. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing cases for our litigation team, including but not limited to, our insurance practice group. The paralegal will support all phases of litigation, assist attorneys with trial and arbitration preparation, and analyze discovery materials. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, communication and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.Requirements
- One to two years of experience as a litigation paralegal;
- Four year degree and/or paralegal certificate;
- Experience drafting pleadings and claim summaries;
- Knowledge of the Federal Court system, including the Eastern District of PA, and PACER filings;
- Previous insurance defense experience is a plus; and
- Knowledge of e-discovery and litigation support software such as Relativity is a plus.
Qualified candidates should visit and apply on our website at: http://www.stradley.com/administrative-career-opportunities.phpStradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Investment Management Paralegal – Center City, PAJob Description:
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP has an excellent opportunity for an experienced paralegal to join our Investment Management Group in Center City, Philadelphia. Stradley Ronon maintains one of the premier investment management practices in the United States, representing investment company clients with more than 1,000 separate funds and assets under management approaching $2 trillion, includingseveral of the largest investment company complexes in the country.
The selected candidate will support the legal administration of our clients’ mutual fund and exchange traded fund platforms, including SEC and other regulatory filings, plus other work and projects as assigned.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with attorneys and clients to compile data and information related to the preparation of mutual fund registration statements for annual updates and new products;
- Prepare for review drafts of registration statements for mutual funds including annual updates, new funds, and new classes.
- Prepare for review EDGAR submissions for registration statements, supplements, proxy statements, various reports and other required filings.
- Perform legal research, analysis, and other duties as assigned.
- Two plus years of experience as an Investment Management or corporate/transactional paralegal;
- Four year degree and/or paralegal certificate;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage a fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines;
- Experience with EDGAR filings is a major plus.
: Qualified candidates should visit and apply on our website at: http://www.stradley.com/administrative-career-opportunities.phpStradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Widener Law Center’s Legal Education Institute makes no attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are compiled based on a variety of resources. Given that situations change rapidly in the marketplace, we do not and cannot guarantee that openings listed through this site will still exist, as posted, at the time of inquiry.
Widener Law Center’s Legal Education Institute makes no representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is each individual’s responsibility to thoroughly research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when applying for or accepting any position.Standard Disclaimer for External Links