TO ALL LEI STUDENTS
Some of the job postings listed through the LEI office encourage 5 plus years’ experience in the legal field in order to apply for the posting. Even though some employers are seeking experience in order to be considered for a job, do not let this requirement prevent you from applying for the job.
If you have any experience to share, including experience as a legal secretary or even as an intern, be sure to list this experience on your resume and still apply for the job. Use your education and practical experience with LEI as a focus on your resume. If you would like to have your resume reviewed prior to sending, please contact the LEI office at 477-2205 or the Career Development office at 477-2163.
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS July 1-31, 2014 ***(updated: July 17, 2014)
Litigation Docketing Coordinator/Paralegal - Delaware
The Delaware office of Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg LLP has a hybrid position available for a Litigation Docketing Coordinator who will also perform IP Litigation Paralegal tasks.
Litigation Docketing – Candidate will work in the litigation docketing software, Compulaw, and will maintain the Firm’s centralized litigation docket in multiple offices as needed. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the litigation process, court rules in various venues, strong communication, support and follow-up skills as this position will collaborate with and respond to requests from attorneys and staff throughout the Firm.
Litigation Paralegal - Candidate must possess excellent organizational, research, and database application skills (Summation, Relativity) and experience supporting all levels of discovery and trial prep including reviewing, filing, and coordinating documents, drafting and responding to pleadings, managing court calendars and maintaining files. Experience with Federal and State Court e-filings is required.
degree required; paralegal certificate preferred
. Periodic travel and overtime likely. 1-2 years litigation support experience, preferably in IP, is helpful.
We offer a congenial work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume with salary requirements to: Joann M. Winterle, CHRO, Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg LLP, email@example.com
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS June 1-30, 2014 ***(updated: June 16, 2014)
Paralegal - Part-Time- Mechanicsburg, PA
Summers McDonnell Hudock Guthrie & Skeel (Mechanicsburg, PA)
Part-Tim to possible full-time paralegal position.
Job duties include:
Prepare Subpoenas/Addendums in order to facilitate records retrieval
Schedule and Prepare materials for Independent Medical Evaluations
Prepare Trial/Hearing Exhibits
Kim Nall, Esquire
100 Sterlling Parkway
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17050
June 5, 2014
July 31, 2014
Please send resume, references and cover letter to
*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS May 16-31, 2014 ***(updated: May 28, 2014)Paralegal – Wilmington, DECOMMUNITY LEGAL AID SOCIETY, INC. 100. W. 10th Street, Suite 801 Wilmington, Delaware 19801 (302) 575-0660 (TTY) (302) 575- 0696 Fax (302) 575-0840JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - External POSTINGPOSITION TITLE:
Paralegal - Regular Full-time Employee (35 hours/week)LOCATION:
Wilmington, DEREPORTS TO:
Depending on experience; excellent benefits.POSTING DATE:
May 16, 2014DEADLINE:
Until FilledPOSITION: Shared between DLP (67%) and Fair Housing Program (33%), though this is subject to change depending on funding and needs.
Community Legal Aid Society, Inc. provides free legal representation to people with disabilities, people age 60 or over, people with low incomes, and victims of crime and discrimination to help our clients obtain shelter, income and other government benefits, educational services, medical services, orders of protection from abuse, legal immigration status and other civil legal remedies. Under the supervision of program attorneys the paralegal will assist clients throughout New Castle County, DE. The applicant for this position must be able to interact effectively with and be sensitive to the special needs of CLASI clients, including individuals with physical and mental disabilities and their families, people with low incomes, people age 60 and older, and members of legally protected classes.DUTIES:
- Interview clients, determine eligibility for services, and conduct factual investigations and preliminary merit assessments.
- Under supervision of attorney, represent clients in meetings and administrative hearings when appropriate.
- Perform legal research and writing.
- Conduct community education presentations and trainings.
- Draft correspondence and other documents under the supervision of an attorney.
- Provide social service assistance to clients as needed.
- Participate in statewide and local community groups and councils, including those that meet at night and/or on weekends, as necessary.
- Manage and organize applicant and client information using forms and computerized data system.
- Submit timely timekeeping and other reports.
- Travel as directed to see clients and participate in work-related activities.
- Become and remain well-informed regarding basic legal principles applicable to area(s) of practice, attending training conferences as needed or requested by supervising attorney(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Paralegal certificate and/or paralegal experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Sensitivity to the special problems of CLASI clients, including people with low incomes, people with disabilities, members of minority groups, people aged 60 and over, and those born in other countries.
- Ability and willingness to make effective public presentations.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed information.
- Spanish language fluency, both written and oral, preferred.
- American Sign Language capability preferred.
- Ability to travel independently and work evenings and weekends as needed for out-of-office training sessions, agency-related meetings, and community education presentations.
- Ability to travel to and attend overnight conferences throughout the United States.
- Ability to apply modern technology to the performance of legal work and tasks.
- Ability to organize work and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, including willingness to work in any of CLASI’s areas of practice as needed.
Provide letter of interest and résumé to Daniel Atkins - firstname.lastname@example.orgAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREXPERIENCED PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT – Defense Litigation – Springfield, Delaware, County, PA
Risk Management/Law Firm specializing in hospitality and medical malpractice matters looking for experienced, certified paralegal. Ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of office management and defense litigation, including:
- Filing of legal documents in Philadelphia and surrounding counties, Federal Court and New Jersey
- File set up and case management (familiarity with case management software a plus)
- Record Requests and Document Management
- Calendar Management for multiple attorneys
- Billing (experience with TimeSlips a plus);
- Must be extremely organized, a go getter who can multitask and possesses a positive friendly attitude. People and phone skills a must.
Compensation: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.Contact:
Please forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
(Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster)*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS May 1-15, 2014 ***(updated: May 14, 2014)ParalegalJob Description:
Weir & Partners LLP is currently recruiting for an experienced, certified paralegal who is well versed in the areas of litigation, corporate and bankruptcy. This person must be organized, bright, familiar with rules of civil procedure in PA, NJ , State and federal courts. Knowledge of DE practice and procedure would be extremely helpful. This is a very busy position and requires someone that can research and find answers, think independently, juggle many duties simultaneously and smile through all of it. Must have stable work history. This is not an entry level position. Excellent compensation package.Contact:
Debra L. Young PHR
Weir & Partners LLP
1339 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3529
(215) 241-7762Legal Assistant- Wilmington, DEJob Description:
The Shachtman Law Firm (Wilmington, Delaware) ,Small Wilmington law firm seeks to hire part-time person (~15 hours/wk) to serve as legal assistant. Interviewing now, commencing work in August. Candidates need not have prior experience in a law office, but you must have superior communication and English skills. Work schedules are fairly flexible to complement classes or another part-time job.
Free parking onsite. You should have your own transportation.
Introductory duties will include:
- Communication with Courts, other law firms, and clients
- Electronic filing
- Mail processing
As you become more familiar with law office practice, our clients and cases, assignments will become more and more challenging.Contact:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
.ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II (Pay Grade 8)Criminal Division, Felony Screening Unit, Kent CountyJob Responsibilities and Duties:
This Administrative Specialist II position will support the Felony Screening Unit in the Criminal Division, in the Kent County office. Duties will include the following: setting up and maintaining files, running criminal histories, typing informations/indictments, answering pre-indictment discovery, assisting in contacting victims and witnesses, preparing transfers to other Courts, assisting in Court for preliminary hearings, requesting reports and handling other legal secretarial duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
Prior experience with programs such as DELJIS, LEISS, NCIC and ENFORCER would be beneficial.
Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite. Must possess excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills. Must be able to answer heavy telephone volume with police officers, victims/witnesses and take accurate messages. Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment with specific deadlines. Must have the ability to interact professionally with members of the public and internal staff including Court staff.Internal applicants:
Please forward your interest with an updated Resume or summary of work experience to the Director of Human Resources.External applicants:
Please submit a Resume and completed State Application to the Delaware Department of Justice, Human Resources, 820 N. French Street, Sixth Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801, or E-mail DOJHR@state.de.us
or Fax to 302-577-5866. EOE.Corporate Litigation Paralegal – Wilmington, DEJob Description:
Someone who is eager to work and doesn’t mind having to do different types of cases from time to time. The majority of the work will be corporate litigation with time to time helping one of the attorneys on their government cases. Would like someone that has some flexibility in case there happens to be some late filings from time to time. Also from time to time this person may need to travel to Newark, DE to help on other attorney on cases which are government related. Need someone with experience filing in the different courts , conflict searches and research. The salary range is from $55,000 - $75,000, depends on skill set/experience.Contact: Sean@reillyrecruiting.com
; 302-690-9487Administrative Secretary – West Chester, PAJob Description
: High end family law attorney in West Chester seeks highly organized administrative secretary for 25 hrs/wk with opportunity for additional hours. Must work independently, have superior writing, communication, client skills. Mastery of computer w/Word, Excel, Outlook necessary.Contact:
Fax resume & legal references only to 610-344-9299.Administrative Assistant
The link below is the Chester County website that shows how to apply for this position.http://chesco.org/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=126&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Assistant-Family-Court-Administrator-50Paralegal – Philadelphia, PAJob Description:
Busy Plaintiff Personal Injury and Criminal Defense firm in Center City Philadelphia is looking for an entry level paralegal.Contact:
You can send the resume to email@example.comCase ProcessorDELAWARE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICEJOB OPENINGOpening Date: April 30, 2014Closing Date: May 7, 2014CASE PROCESSOR (Pay Grade 6)Criminal Division, Felony Screening Unit, Case ProcessingNew Castle CountyJob Responsibilities and Duties:
As a Case Processor, this position serves as the “intake coordinator” in the Criminal Division, Felony Screening Unit, for Case Processing in New Castle County. This position coordinates the coverage/scheduling of all intakes with Felony Screening Paralegals as well as Juvenile and Domestic Violence Units. Provides the files, grand jury dates, schedules intakes and generates letters for Fast Track. Data entry is required along with daily contact with NCC and WPD police officers to schedule missed intakes and ongoing intakes. This requires working with the Paralegals in finding files, entering the intake and Grand Jury dates into the electronic system as well as pulling the files for the next day and preparing the files for the night time intake schedule. Updates are made in the computer for the event screen in the DELJIS AG Case Tracking where a list of cases is maintained. Is responsible for answering a high volume of phone calls which involve scheduling and rescheduling intakes in addition to participating in the rotation for coverage of the main Criminal Division Receptionist phone lines. Will run NCIC records for Board of Pardon/Board responses. Will close files. Will maintain and monitor a list of missed cases known as the “needs intake” list which has to be coordinated and distributed amongst court liaisons. When needed, will assist the Administrative Specialist and Deputy Attorneys General on other clerical tasks such as Preliminary Hearing offers, typing informations for Pleas By Appointment and other administrative tasks as requested. Will generate (via spreadsheets) statistics for Paralegal intakes; intakes by NCC or WPD police officers (day and evening intakes).Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to work independently while managing a heavy workload in a stressful and fast-paced work environment.
- Must possess excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Must be well-organized.
- Prior experience with programs such as DELJIS, LEISS and ENFORCER would be helpful.
- Must have working knowledge in Microsoft Word office suite including Excel.
Please send an updated Resume or a summary of work experience to the Director of Human Resources.External applicants:
Please submit a Resume and completed State Application to Human Resources, Delaware Department of Justice, 820 N. French Street, 6th Floor, Carvel State Building, Wilmington, DE 19801 or e-mail to DOJHR@state.de.us
or fax to 302-577-5866. EOE.*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS April 16-30, 2014 ***(updated: April 28, 2014)Paralegal – Philadelphia, PAJob Description:
: Busy Plaintiff Personal Injury and Criminal Defense firm in Center City Philadelphia is looking for an entry level paralegal.Contact:
You can send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Paralegal – West Chester, PA
West Chester firms seeks Estates/Trusts paralegal for senior partner.
Excellent benefits and opportunity! Soup to nuts! Immediate opening.
Salary up to 65KContact:
Apply confidentially to email@example.com
.Legal Assistant – Claymont, DEJob Description:
Part time person for 3 days a week (24 hrs week) who has Registered Agent or Corporate/ Law Firm Legal experience
for the next 6 months minimum. Located in Bellevue Corp Center, Claymont area. Free Parking. GREAT International Co to work for. Salary Ranges from $20 - $24/hr = $40K - $48K/year, depending on skill set.Contact:
310 West Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Portuguese-Speaking Paralegal – Philadelphia, PAJob Description:
Hogan & Vandenberg is a small immigration law firm with offices in Wilmington and Philadelphia. We currently have an immediate opening for a Portuguese-speaking paralegal for our Center City, Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate is hardworking, organized, enthusiastic, people-oriented, and able to work well under pressure. Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred.Contact:
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to associate attorney Katelyn M. Hufe at firstname.lastname@example.org
.*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS April 1-15, 2014 ***(updated: April 7, 2014)IP Paralegal (Contract) - Atlanta (1474)Contract IP Paralegal -ATLANTA, GAJob Description:
Immediate need for Temp/Contract Paralegal with 4+ years experience in Intellectual Property matters. Job entails reviewing patent applications prior to filing. Immediate need - $22 per hour.Contact: email@example.com
Please reference job RR - 1474
in the subject line.Legal SecretaryJob Description:
Part-time Legal Secretary�6;. For Tax, Trust & Estates Practice. Position available immediately. Prefer 5 years experience, knowledge of Amicus, & PC Law, Microsoft Access, and be or become a notary.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgLegal SecretaryJob Description:
Chimpoulis, Hunter & Lynn has an immediate opening for an experienced Insurance Defense/Medical Malpractice litigation secretary. A minimum of 3-5 years of insurance defense experience required. Must be organized, able to prioritize, work independently and have excellent grammar and computer skills; great working environment and benefits. E-Contact:
Mail resume to: email@example.com*** CURRENT JOB POSTINGS March 1-31, 2014 ***(updated: March 10, 2014)Contract AdministratorJob Posting No./Location
: 1092 Cash ConnectJob Group Category:
35 Hourly Salary
: $13.24 - $18.91Schedule
: M-F, 8:00AM – 5:00PMJob Summary:
The Contract Administrator will be responsible for the day to day management of insurance and contractual documents to assure overall compliance with administrative and contractual requirements. The incumbent will serve as the principal liaison with customers, monitors new and existing contracts for compliance to terms and conditions, and takes remedial action as required. The incumbent will interact continually with management to present results, discuss concerns and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. The incumbent will maintain the contract and insurance databases and devises internal control system to track all certificate(s) and contract(s) activity from inception to completion, including all appropriate documentation. The incumbent will assure certificate and endorsement insurance policy(s) terms, and verifies that conditions and exclusions provide adequate protection and are maintained throughout the contract period.Minimum Qualifications:
- Some college preferred with legal or insurance/risk concentration preferred.
- He/she must have excellent analytical skills to comprehensively analyze and interpret policies, procedures and situations in a multifaceted way.
- The incumbent must possess strong problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex issues.
- The incumbent must have demonstrated experience in analysis and planning with the ability to analyze and anticipate situations, define problems and objectives, recognize alternative and formulate solution.
- He/she must have experience working in a computerized office environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare contracts, correspondence, reports and forms with speed and accuracy.
- The incumbent must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for providing excellent customer service.
- He/she must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
To apply, go through the WSFS Bank website at www.wsfsbank.com
, under “careers” and then “search career opportunities” under “Contract Administrator.” The contact person is Ruth McDevitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Administrative Secretary – West Chester, PAJob Description
: High end family law attorney in West Chester seeks highly organized administrative secretary for 25 hrs/wk with opportunity for additional hours. Must work independently, have superior writing, communication, client skills. Mastery of computer w/WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK necessary.Contact
: Fax resume & legal references only to 610-344-9299.Commercial Paralegal – New JerseyJob Description
: The NJ office of this national company needs a paralegal with an interest in supporting the legal group on a variety of operational matters. The right candidate will be able to review and manage office leases, business and service agreements, support compliance and review regulations through legal research; oversight of risk management reporting loss prevention and liability. Candidates should have excellent internet, and legal research skills, ability to prepare statistical data/reports from internal information; strong communications skills and can lend support with the company bulletin. Must be proficient in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Prior in-house employment would be a plus. Bachelor’s degreerequired and paralegal certificate preferred. A terrific role for a self- starter. The role is temp to perm.Contact
: Joyce Feinstein 215-561-3010 or email@example.com
.Paralegal – Wenonah, NJJob Description
: BAYADA Home Health Care, one of the nation’s premier Home Health companies, continues to grow at an unprecedented rate! We are currently seeking a Paralegal to join our Legal Services team located in Wenonah, NJ. As a Paralegal within BAYADA, you will learn about the core responsibilities of our Legal Services department as it relates to: the review, negotiation and management of BAYADA office leases, portfolio, and business agreements, client contracts and service agreements, compliance regulations as they relate to home health care, federal and state specific legal research, establishing and maintaining internal policies as they relate to federal and state regulations, internal incident reporting processes, loss prevention and liability claims.The ideal candidate will have experience working in a corporate environment, preferably healthcare, as well as experience negotiating commercial leases. This is a generalist role and requires the ability to manage multiple and varied responsibilities.Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of liability claims and the procedures associated with the internal reporting process
- Manage lease process from initial proposal through signing
- Review and negotiate leases
- Utilize the internet, Lexis and other research tools to perform in-depth legal research, to assist with policy and procedure development
- Prepare, maintain and present statistical data/reports from internal information
- Research answers to general legal inquiries and provide informed answers
- Create educational materials and articles for the company bulletin
- Be proficient in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Paralegal Certification required
- Commercial real estate experience; negotiating leases
- Experience with corporate litigation, leases, conducting multi-state research, writing policies
- Prior experience in a corporate environment, preferably health care
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision
- Computer savvy
This is a full time position. Benefits included: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401K w/company match. EOE.Contact: Heather Ratcliffe, Recruiting Manager
BAYADA Home Health Care | Recruiting (REC)
32 Maple Avenue, 1st Floor | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office 973-656-0425 | Fax 973-656-0003 | www.bayada.comWidener Law Center’s Legal Education Institute makes no attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are compiled based on a variety of resources. Given that situations change rapidly in the marketplace, we do not and cannot guarantee that openings listed through this site will still exist, as posted, at the time of inquiry.
Widener Law Center’s Legal Education Institute makes no representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is each individual’s responsibility to thoroughly research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when applying for or accepting any position.Standard Disclaimer for External Links