LEI @ Widener Law Center Paralegal Program offers online classes which have been approved by the American Bar Association. All applicants for online classes will be screened and trained to ensure that they meet and possess the necessary computer technology and skill sets to participate in the program. Only students with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better will be eligible to participate in these classes, and each student will receive an orientation with the technology used for the course.
More information about online classes and a self-assessment is provided at Online Learning - What is it? Is it right for you?
(.pdf) and Frequently Asked Questions about Online Courses
.Important information for ALL online learning students:
To prepare you to be successful at LEI, orientation for each semester’s Online classes will be held about one week before the semester begins, from 9:30 am until noon in Room LWC 2, Polishook Hall
. The dates of these orientations will be published in the LEI calendar.Tips for success in an online learning course:
- Login to your course the weekend before the semester starts and send your instructor an e-mail to introduce yourself. Your instructor may also have you post an introduction to the class message board.
- Explore all aspects of your course, including message board, announcements, syllabus, and other shared features. If you are not clear on expectations or assignments, e-mail your instructor immediately!
- Be prepared to login and participate in your online learning course 3-5 times each week! This is not an independent study.
- Successful online students are proactive communicators and disciplined time managers.
- Your online course will become active at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to the beginning of the semester. You will NOT be able to access your online course before this date.