The Black Law Students Association
on the Delaware campus will present the panel discussion “Trayvon Martin: Does Public Outcry Impact Prosecutorial Discretion?” on Monday, April 9.
The event, to be held in the Ruby R. Vale Moot Courtroom, will begin at 5 p.m.
Widener Law Associate Professor Justin G. Holbrook
will moderate the discussion. The speaker lineup includes:
- Renee Hughes, who has served as chief executive officer at the American Red Cross, southeastern Pennsylvania chapter, since May 2011. She came to the job after serving 15 years as a Court of Common Pleas judge.
- Sylvester Johnson, who served as Philadelphia police commissioner from 2002 to 2008.
- Leon Goodman, who works in the investigations division to the Chief Counsel Office of Audit and Compliance at the Philadelphia Housing Authority. He is a former Philadelphia assistant district attorney.
- Shaka M. Johnson, Philadelphia defense attorney who is a former police officer and former prosecutor in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia attorney Richard R. Harris, a recognized authority on trial
The event is open to the public and all are welcome.