The Supreme Court of Delaware will Hear Oral Arguments on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 in the Vale Courtroom.
Please come and fill the Courtroom!
Presiding will be Chief Justice Myron Steele and Justices Randy Holland, Carolyn Berger, Jack Jacobs and Henry duPont Ridgely. Two cases are scheduled at this time and there is a possibility that a third case will be added to the schedule.
Copies of the briefs are available electronically or in hard copy from Connie Sweeney at 2177 or email@example.com
Courtroom Protocol will be in effect, and all attendees should be in line at the main entrance of the Vale by 9:30 a.m. to go through security. The first case will begin at 10 a.m. sharp. SCHEDULE
495, 2006 Trenwick v. Billett W. Scott-J.T. Laster
567, 2006 AT&T v. Clarendon America J.E. James-D.A. Denham ('02) J.C. Phillips ('95)
, A.G. Flynn K.F. Brady ('82)
, J. Balaguer ('85)
E.M. McNally, M.B. Matterer ('88)
F.J. Murphy, C.S. Reese ('81)
Widener Law alumni indicated in bold. FOR DECISION ON BRIEFS
494, 2006 Mumford v. State of Delaware
479, 2006 Bermudez v. PTFE
538, 2006 Shaw v. State of Delaware
296/303, 2006 Bennett v. State of Delaware Courtroom Protocol For All Persons Attending Oral Arguments
- All persons must submit to a security check to enter the courtroom.
- No backpacks or purses are allowed in the courtroom.
- No cell phones, cameras, recording devices or beepers are allowed in thecourtroom. (Exception: credentialed media representatives may makesatisfactory advance arrangements with the Clerk consistent with the Court'smedia access order).
- No food or drink will be allowed in the courtroom.
- No one may enter or exit the courtroom after an argument has started. Entry and exit between arguments are permitted.
- The Court requests the full attention of everyone during the argument.
- Anyone who creates a disturbance must leave the courtroom and may not return. (Example: chronic coughing)
- No outward display of emotion may be made during the argument.
Photo: seated: Justice Randy J. Holland, Chief Justice Myron T. Steele, Justice Carolyn Berger; standing: Justice Henry duPont Ridgely, Justice Jack B. Jacobs