Widener University School of Law’s summer program for international attorneys and law students is the perfect place. The three-week Summer Institute provides you with an in depth program in U.S. corporate law.
This program is being offered through Widener's Institute of Delaware Corporate & Business Law
. The State of Delaware is the acknowledged leader and premier governing authority for U.S. Corporations.APPLY NOW:
Application Deadline is April 30, 2014Download the Brochure and Application Form
(.pdf) The Institute Program
Advanced Concepts in Corporate Law
This course is designed for the practicing attorney or student who wants an in-depth program on the workings of Delaware and U.S. corporate law. This course is also suitable for current U.S. law students who have already completed a basic course in business organizations and are looking to enrich their studies with an advanced course in Delaware corporation law.
Topics addressed in this course will include: shareholder electoral power, the managerial power and fiduciary duties of the board of directors, the role of judicial review in providing board accountability to shareholders, the directors’ fiduciary duty of disclosure under state law, and the role of directors and shareholders in mergers and acquisition transactions.
Day trips have included outings to the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, the United Nations in New York, and the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. The class also had a personal meeting with the deputy counsel to Vice President Joe Biden, while in Washington in the office of the council to the Vice President of the United States. Vice President Biden was a long-time Widener Law adjunct faculty member before his election. Visits have also been made to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission where lectures have been given by the Deputy Chief Counsel, Division of Corporation Finance. Classes regularly visit the law offices of the DuPont Corporation and the Delaware Court of Chancery where a Vice Chancellor has been a lecturer in previous programs.
- Full Program cost $4,100.00
- Cost includes: Tuition, course materials, housing, breakfast and lunch on class days, and transportation to special events.)
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of a cancellation of the program, Widener will refund all money advanced by the student to Widener University School of Law. Funds will be refunded within twenty (20) days after the date of cancellation.
- Liability and Insurance:Widener University will not be responsible for personal injury or illness, or for loss or damage to personal property in the program. We advise participants to take out insurance for their trip against lost or damaged baggage as well as against accident and trip cancellation.
- Classes Start: JULY 7, 2014
- Classes End: JULY 24, 2014
- Classes run Monday - Thursday each week
4601 Concord Pike Box 7474
Wilmington, Delaware 19803
Phone: +1 302.477.2704
Fax: +1 302.477.2067
Standard Disclaimer for External Links