Widener University School of Law
4601 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803-1406Background Information
Publications, Lectures and Seminar Leadership
- Undergraduate School: Georgia Tech, Chemical Engineering, 1981.
- Law School: Rutgers University School of Law, Camden, NJ, 1986.
- Mobil Oil Corporation
- Senior Process Engineer, 1981-1987
- Senior Patent Counsel, 1987-1999
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated; Rochester, NY
- Senior Patent Counsel, 2000-2001
- E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company (INVISTA, Inc.); Wilmington, DE
- Corporate Counsel, 2001-2004
- INVISTA s.à r. l.: Wilmington, DE
- Corporate Counsel, 2004-2005
- Chief Patent Counsel, 2006-2008
- Senior Patent Counsel, 2008-present
- Articles for The Licensing Journal and chapters in Aspen Publishing’s annual Licensing Update (co-authored with Dr. Dennis Rader).
- "Third Party Outlicensing: A Strategy for Reluctant Licensors” (September 2001).
- "Most-Favored Licensee Clauses: A Tool for Narrowing Risk Imbalances Between Licensors and Licensees” (January 2003).
- "Rights and Obligations in Exclusive Licenses" (March 2004).
- Lecturer and moderator for Virginia CLE, LES and AIPLA on topics including patent law, management of corporate IP assets and technology licensing. (1994-2000)
- Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Section - From 1988 through 1998, served in leadership positions including board member, officer and section chair (1996-97).
- AIPLA – 1987-2008
- LES – 1997-2007
- PIPLA (Philadelphia Intellectual Property Law Association). – 2004-2009
- Association of Corporate Patent Counsel – 2006-2008
- IPO (as principal representative for INVISTA and as a member of the Asian Practice Committee) – 2006-2008
- American Guild of Organists, Delaware Chapter. Executive Board, 2004-2006; Sub-Dean, 2007; Secretary, 2008.
- Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.